2022 Forest operations in the Clear Spot Rd area, Bright
May 6, 2022
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming roadworks in the Bright plantation which is in preparation for harvesting later in 2022.
First closure: May 2022 Road works
Roadworks will commence 9 May 2022 on Clear Spot Road, and are planned to continue to late May. This operation will close a section of Clear Spot Road and a number of roads and tracks feeding in to the worksite location. Please see map below showing the closed area. During this first period, other routes to Clear Spot are available for walkers, runners and cyclists, which stay away from the closed area.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are closed (to vehicles, pedestrians, and riders) for the duration of operations. This includes when the crew is not present.
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- Be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Thank you for following the directions of all signage and forest operators.
Second closure: What will happen later in 2022?
Clear Spot Road will reopen following the May 2022 road works, and will close again later in 2022. The second closure will commence in August or September 2022, continuing through to December 2022. The boundaries of the second closure will be communicated closer to the time. The second closure is for additional roadworks and then the plantation harvest operation.
The harvest operation is planned to commence in September, and will continue through to December 2022.
- The harvest worksite and a number of roads feeding into the worksite will be closed for the duration of the operation.
- The current crop of trees was planted in the late 1980s and early 1990s and is ready to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Please visit our operations page for further information about the plantation lifecycle and the range of HVP operations.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah, Freeburgh and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations