Area around Quinns Rd & Oregon Rd, Bright: 2023 forest operations
February 26, 2023
HVP Plantations wish to advise of road works on Quinns Rd and Oregon Rd, Bright, which are in preparation for harvesting in the area.
An area of plantation in Bright is currently closed to all public access, due to roadworks. As shown on the map below, this includes an area along Quinns Rd and Oregon Rd and a number of firebreaks and roads leading into the worksite. This operation is located up the hill from Mountain Mist Drive and Norman Court, and planned to be completed by mid-March 2023.
For everyone’s safety, be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic, machinery and these closures within the plantation.
Harvesting & haulage
The road works are in preparation for harvesting in this area. The harvesting operation is planned for winter 2023, and will take a few weeks to complete.
This post will be updated prior to harvesting, to show the area that will be closed during the harvest operation, and the routes that trucks will travel to and from the worksite.
The current crop of trees was planted in the mid-1990s, and is ready to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products. Please visit our operations page for further information about the plantation lifecycle and the range of HVP operations.
Preparation & tree planting
Crews will then prepare the harvested site for replanting. Preparation will include weed control, and management of residue pine slash with excavators and possibly burning. A new crop of trees will be planted in winter 2023 or 2024.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are closed (to vehicles, pedestrians, and riders) for the duration of operations. This includes when the crew is not present.
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- Be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery. Stay clear of trucks on forest roads.
Thank you for following the directions of all signage and forest operators.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah, Freeburgh and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2023 Hancock Victorian Plantations