Bright, Mystic Landing Zone: Harvest & haulage June 2021
May 18, 2021
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming harvesting and haulage operations in Mystic Park, Bright, which will continue the lifecycle of pine plantations in this area.
An area of plantation located between Morses Creek and the NEVHGC Landing Zone is due for harvest (shaded in green on the map below). The crew will take approximately one week to harvest the trees, which is scheduled for mid-June 2021.
- The harvest worksite and a number of roads, tracks and trails feeding into the worksite will be closed for the duration of the operation. For everyone’s safety, be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic, machinery and road closures within the plantation.
- The current crop of trees is 24 years old, and ready to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Please visit our operations page for further information about the plantation lifecycle and the range of HVP operations.
Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, and Benalla.
- Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to continue from the site to the end of June.
- Trucks will enter and exit the site at the southern end of the Landing Zone.
Preparation & tree planting
A new crop of trees will be planted in winter 2022. Crews will control weeds and use excavators or bulldozers to prepare the harvested site for replanting.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- The worksite will be closed (to vehicles, pedestrians, and riders) for the duration of the operations. This includes when the crew is not present. The closure zone is marked on the map below.
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- Follow the directions of all signage and forest operators.
- Be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and riding activities throughout the year.
- General plantation recreation: Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
- Mystic Park:
Refer to Mystic Park’s rider code of conduct and accept terms and conditions to ride.
For the latest information on Mystic trails, please follow Mystic Park, Bright on Facebook, or download the free Trailforks app to check for closures.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah, Freeburgh and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact HVP’s office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
- Mystic Park: We have been working closely with Alpine Community Plantations (Mystic Park’s recreational manager) to plan this operation, contact via the Mystic webpage
- NEVHGC: If you are a member of the North East Victoria Hang Gliding Club, please refer to your club for further information on alternative landing location/s during this period.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations