Buckland Valley harvest: Bright Plantation Aug-Dec 2020
August 28, 2020
Updated 9/9/2020 to include all Buckland valley harvesting to the end of 2020
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming operations on the Buckland Valley side of the Bright Plantation, commencing at the end of August 2020. This harvest will see the clear-fell of the coupe along side Egglestons Lane, and other coupes located further north between Robertson Lane and Kennedy Road. These operations will continue the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvest & replanting
- The Egglestons Lane harvest (shaded green in the first map below) will commence in late August running through till October 2020.
- The operations located between Robertson Lane and Kennedy Road (shaded green in the second map below) will commence mid September and continue through to the end of the year.
- Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in Winter 2021. Site preparation and weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building products.
- The haulage routes (shown on the maps below) connect with the Buckland Valley Road via Egglestons Lane, Robertson Lane and Farrelly Lane.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of the operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t present.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations