Buckland Valley: Thinning Winter-Spring 2019
July 30, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming harvesting in the Buckland Valley in Winter-Spring 2019, continuing the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
- Pine trees will be thinned out in an area of plantation at the end of Farrelly Lane, commencing the end of July 2019.
- Thinning operations harvest a selection of trees, and encourage strong healthy growth of the remaining crop.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to be completed in September.
- The haulage route includes Snake Ridge, Longley Road, Royal George Road, Robertson Lane, and Farrelly Lane.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of the operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.