Freeburgh harvest: Winter 2020
July 23, 2020
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming operations in the Freeburgh Plantation in late July and August 2020. This harvest will see the clear-fell of the coupe along side Reliance Road in the Freeburgh Plantation, which will continue the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvest & replanting
- The harvest will commence in late July running through till the end of August.
- Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in Winter 2021. Mechanical site preparation and ground based weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building products.
- The haulage route (on the map below) is out either side of the coupe on to Great Alpine road.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksite will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of the operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (e.g. overnight and weekends).
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations