Harvesting in Racecourse Plantation
August 12, 2023
We are working in Racecourse Plantation, Bright
HVP Plantations wish to advise of an upcoming harvesting and haulage operation in Racecourse Plantation, Bright, in August to October 2023. This harvest will see the felling of selected plantation trees, to continue the lifecycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvesting & transport
- Plantation areas shaded in red on the attached map are due for thinning, which harvests a selection of plantation trees, and encourages strong healthy growth of remaining crop. This thinning operation will commence in late August 2023 and may continue to October 2023.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Wangaratta and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building products.
- Trucks will enter and exit the plantation from Great Alpine Road.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles, bikes and pedestrians) for the duration of their operations. For everyone’s safety, thank you for obeying all safety signs, and being aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew is not present.
Thank you for following the directions of all signage and forest operators.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass at our website: https://www.hvp.com.au/community-recreation/community-events/
For more information
Contact our office For further information, or to provide feedback, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; email email@example.com
©2023 Hancock Victorian Plantations