Harvesting in the German Creek Plantation- Bright
July 6 2023
HVP Plantations wish to advise of harvest operations in the German Creek plantation, Bright. Harvesting is scheduled to start at the end of July and be completed by August, following on from roadworks completed June 2023.
- The current crop of trees was planted in the 1995, and are ready to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- The harvest worksite and a number of roads feeding into the worksite will be closed for the duration of the operation. If this is an area that you usually walk, run or ride, thank you for finding alternative locations while the operation is in progress. Please see attached maps, noting:
Parts of Johnson Rd, Deep Creek Rd, Dunstans Track and Hill Plantation Link Track will all be closed until the operation is complete.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the harvest worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta and Benalla.
- They will travel to and from the Great Alpine Road via Back Porepunkah Rd, Toorak Rd, Back Germantown Rd, Deep Creek Rd.
Preparation and Tree planting
Crews will then prepare the harvested site for replanting. Preparation will include weed control and management of residue pine slash with excavators and possibly burning. A new crop of trees will be planted in 2024
HVP takes safety seriously; please note the following:
- Worksites are closed (to vehicles, pedestrians, and riders) for the duration of operations. This includes when the crew is not present.
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- Be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery. Stay clear of trucks on forest roads.
Thank you for following the directions of all signage and forest operators.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass at our website:
For more information
To receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register via our website.
Contact our office For further information, or to provide feedback, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; email email@example.com
©2023 Hancock Victorian Plantations