Jagoes Gully harvest, Wandiligong: Jan/Feb 2021
December 31, 2020
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming operations in parts of the Wandiligong Plantation. The harvest will focus around the western end of Jagoes Gully. The harvest is expected to take 4 weeks, starting in January 2021 and running to mid-February.
Harvest & replanting
- Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in winter 2021. Mechanical site preparation and weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksites to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- The haulage routes (shown on the map below) include Jagoes Gully Rd, Centenary Ave, Smithy Lane, Moran Rd, Taylors Gully South Rd and Morses Creek Rd.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of their operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew is not present.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations