Mt Macedon harvest and haulage operations
December 15, 2021
Notification that the harvesting and haulage operations are scheduled to recommence in early to mid-January 2022.
Once harvesting has been completed on these currently leased plantations, the area will transition to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning for revegetation of native species and ongoing management.
What you can expect
As well as the changing views you can expect to see:
- Road works to prepare the site for traffic and machinery.
- Heavy machinery felling, processing and stacking the logs in the plantations.
- Trucks carrying logs to our customers.
- Heavy machinery preparing the ground for revegetation with native plants.
- Signage within and on the edge of the plantations highlighting safety requirements.
- Road closures in place on roads that enter onto active plantation operations. Felling and processing trees and loading trucks are hazardous activities. Large machinery is involved and the ability of operators to hear and see beyond the immediate area of operations is often limited.
- Your safety is important to us
- We have a duty of care for all workers and visitors to our plantations.
During the operations public access to the plantation is restricted. For your own safety and the safety of our workers please follow the points below:
- Do not enter the operational area
- Seek an alternate space for recreation
- Observe and follow the directions on all safety signs
If you have any queries on any aspect of the harvesting operation or would like to draw our attention to any relevant matters please contact HVP Plantations on 5339 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations