Myrtleford: Nil Gully harvest & haulage Winter 2019
May 28, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of an upcoming harvest operation in Nil Gully in Winter 2019, which will continue the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvest & replanting
- Harvest of the area shown on the map below will commence the week of Monday 3 June, taking approximately 10 weeks to complete.
- Planted in the late 1980s, the current stand of trees is ready for harvest. Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in Winter 2020. Mechanical site preparation and weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksites to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to be completed within 10-11 weeks.
- The haulage route (shown on the attached map) includes Lookout Road, Nil Gully South Road and Mummery Road.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of their operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or submit an email enquiry.