Mystic, Bright: Harvest & haulage Oct-Dec 2019
October 1, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming harvesting and haulage operations in the Mystic basin of Bright, which will continue the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
The plantation area shaded in green on the map below is due for harvest, commencing mid October 2019 and continuing into late December. The crew will take approximately eight weeks to harvest the trees.
- The worksite and a number of mountain bike trails feeding into the worksite will be closed for the duration of the operation. For everyone’s safety, be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic, machinery and some road closures within the plantation.
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious. Please respect all signage.
- The current crop of trees is 35 years old, and ready to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the Mystic worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta and Benalla.
- Transport will commence a week or so after harvesting commences, and is expected to continue from the Mystic harvest site to late December. The haulage route (shown on the attached map) includes Mystic Lane, Moran Rd, Moran Link Rd, 3Bells View and Robinson Rd
- Sections of these roads will be closed during this operational period. This includes Monday-Friday closure of the Mystic launch route from mid-October through to December. If you are a member of the North East Victoria Hang Gliding Club, please refer to your club committee for further information on Launch access during this period.
Preparation & tree planting
A new crop of trees will be planted in Winter 2020. Crews will control weeds and use excavators or bulldozers to prepare the harvested site for replanting.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive
- email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
- Mystic Park: We have been working closely with Alpine Community Plantations (Mystic Park’s recreational manager) to plan this operation. For the latest information on Mystic trails, please follow Mystic Park, Bright on Facebook, or download the free Trailforks app to check for closures. If you are a member of the North East Victoria Hang Gliding Club, please refer to your club for further information on Launch access during this period.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations