Plantation harvest & haulage at Dean Springs – Porepunkah
September 22, 2017
Following stage 1 earlier this year, the second stage of the Dean Springs/Mill Bend harvest and haulage operation is happening this Spring near the Great Alpine Road, Porepunkah.
The operation has a number of components, with traffic management in place as follows:
Week commencing Monday 2 October
- Roadside signage advising public of traffic delays and speed reductions during October and November
- Speed reductions associated with construction of temporary access road – Griffin Road to Great Alpine Road
Week commencing Monday 9 October
- Closure of rest area off Great Alpine Road south of Mill Bend
- Lane closure on Great Alpine Road at Mill Bend to enable safe earthworks and tree falling above Mill Bend.
Week commencing Monday 16 October
- Stop/slow traffic controllers to enable safe cable harvesting of trees above Mill Bend
Monday 23 October to Friday 1 December
- Speed reductions on Great Alpine Road around Mill Bend to enable safe access for log haulage from both Griffin Road temporary access and existing temporary access north of Mill Bend.
There will be an increase in heavy vehicle movement in and out of the plantation, increased machinery and road closures in the area. Tree felling on the upper slope above the Great Alpine Road/Dean Springs Road may occur earlier than the above dates but will not affect traffic on the Great Alpine Road.
Please see alternative spaces for recreation.
For further information, or to provide feedback, please contact HVP Plantations
Ph: 03 5731 2000 or firstname.lastname@example.org