Porepunkah: Harvest & haulage at Junction plantation
July 22, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of upcoming harvesting in Porepunkah’s Junction Plantation in Winter-Spring 2019, continuing the life cycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvest & replanting
- Harvest (area shown on the map below) will commence the week of Monday 29 July, taking approximately 7 weeks to complete.
- Planted in the 1990s, the current stand of trees is ready for harvest. Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in Winter 2020. Mechanical site preparation and weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksites to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to be completed in mid-October.
- The haulage route (shown on the attached map) includes Dredging Co Track, Junction Road and Mount Buffalo Road
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of the operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations