Porepunkah: Thinning at Braithwaites and Junction Plantations May-June 2019
May 24, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of operations in parts of Porepunkah’s Braithwaites and Junction Plantations in late May and June 2019, which will continue the lifecycle of pine plantations in this area.
- Thinning operations harvest a selection of trees, and encourage strong healthy growth of the remaining crop.
- Braithwaites: our crew will thin the two areas circled on the map below in the week commencing Monday 27 May 2019.
- Junction: The crew will then move on to thin the circled area of Junction Plantation in the week commencing 4 June 2019, which will take approximately two weeks.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksites to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to be completed by mid-July.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of their operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
HVP recognises that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.