Smoko harvest: Winter 2020
June 17, 2020
HVP Plantations wish to advise of operations in the Smoko Plantation commencing late June and continuing over the winter period. This harvest will see the clear-fell of the Smoko Plantation which will continue the lifecycle of pine plantations in this area.
Harvest & replanting
- The harvest will commence in late June running through till early September.
- Crews will plant a new crop of trees here in Winter 2021. Mechanical site preparation and ground based weed control will be completed prior to tree planting.
- Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksites to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
- The haulage route (shown on the map below) is out McMahons Lane on to the Great Alpine Road.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites are closed (to vehicles and pedestrians) for the duration of their operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs and any directions from crew members, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
For more information
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations