Stanley Plantation Operations Rolling Update – Autumn to Winter
April 1, 2017
HVP Plantations would like to update the Stanley and Beechworth communities about the continued timber harvesting and log haulage program in the Stanley plantation.
The outlook between now and July is:
- Thinning harvesting operations will continue to occur around Wooden Gate Road and Twist Creek Road area.
- A clear-fall operation will occur in the Wooden Gate Road area for approximately four to six weeks.
- Log trucks will continue to use Mason’s Road and Red Hill Road for entry and exit of the pine plantation.
- Road users will see intermittent log truck traffic on the above roads. There may also be occasional log truck traffic seen on Mt Stanley Road.
- A private plantation along the Stanley Road will also be thinned. These logs will be transported towards Stanley, and then into the plantation along Hurdle Flat Road.
Felling and processing trees, and loading trucks are hazardous activities. Large machinery is involved and the ability of operators to hear and see beyond the immediate area of operations is often restricted.
To keep everyone safe on ground signage is in place to highlight the specific areas of the operation in the plantation. If you see these signs DO NOT continue past the signs, you must seek an alternate route.
The harvested logs will be transported to mills in Wangaratta, Myrtleford, Albury and Benalla, for processing into a range of products including newspaper and plywood.
HVP Plantations, together with the local log transport companies are continuing to implement voluntary speed reductions in the Stanley township. Due care should be exercised around the boundaries of the plantation, at road intersections and at points of truck access from the plantation on to local roads. If you would like to communicate with the log truck drivers they will be available on UHF channel 40 on the sealed roads and UHF channel 25 on plantation roads.
All of our operations are subject to fire and weather constraints and customer demand and may be altered without notice.
In an effort to help us to improve our communication of operations, HVP Plantations encourage you to contact us through our website www.hvp.com.au with any feedback.
We will provide a Winter harvesting and haulage operations outlook later on in the year to keep you informed. For further specific information regarding these operations please contact HVP Plantations on 03 5731 2000.