Bright: Mt Porepunkah Rd/Oregon Rd thinning & haulage operation
February 25, 2019
HVP Plantations wish to advise of thinning and haulage operations in Bright’s Mt Porepunkah Rd / Oregon Rd neighbourhood, which will continue the lifecycle of pine plantations in this area.
The plantation area shaded in green on the map below is due for a second thinning. The crew will take approximately two weeks to thin out the trees, commencing early March 2019.
• The worksite will be closed for the duration of the operation. For everyone’s safety, be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic, machinery and some road closures within the plantation.
• Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious. Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted to jump the back fence or go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t there (early morning and overnight).
• The current crop of trees is nearly 24 years old, ready for its second thinning. This type of harvesting operation involves removing some trees and leaves the strongest performing trees grow on until harvesting the site in a few years’ time.
Our drivers will transport the plantation logs from the worksite to HVP’s customers in Myrtleford, Wangaratta, Albury and Benalla, to be converted into sawn timber and other building and paper products.
• Transport will commence a few days after harvesting commences, and is expected to be completed by early April. The haulage route (shown on the map below) includes Oregon Road, Mount Porepunkah Road and out on to the back Porepunkah Road.
• Also letting you know, at various times from April to June trucks will pass through Toorak Road from worksites in Hill Plantation on the Back Germantown Road.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact our office: For further information, or to provide feedback, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please visit: