Wandiligong roading operation: Oct/Nov 2020
October 19, 2020
HVP Plantations wish to advise of Oct/Nov 2020 road and trail closures in the Faulkner Gully area of Wandiligong, due to a roading operation. These road construction works are in preparation for 2021 transport of plantation logs from the nearby Grenville Gully area.
- The Goat Track, Brown Road and Gribble Road will all be closed for approximately one month commencing the week of Monday 19 October.
- Robinson Road will remain open to pedestrian and cycling traffic during this period.
- It is essential that recreational users remain on open roads and open trails do not cut through the plantation stand.
HVP takes safety seriously, please note the following:
- Worksites are hazardous, and risks to people’s safety are not always obvious.
- The worksites will be closed (to vehicles, bikes and pedestrians) for the duration of the operations. For everyone’s safety, obey all safety signs and directions of forest operators, and be aware of increased heavy vehicle traffic and machinery.
- Please respect all signage, and do not be tempted go past signs for a closer look. This includes when the crew isn’t present.
HVP recognise that many community members have an affinity with our forests, and enjoy walking, running and bike-riding activities throughout the year. Before entering any plantations, please undertake a visitor induction and apply for a Human Powered Pass.
HVP has planned this operation in consultation with Alpine Community Plantation, the recreational manager of Mystic Park. Follow Mystic Park, Bright on Facebook, or download the free Trailforks app for current status of Mystic trails (including The Goat Track).
For more information
- Notifications: If you would like to register to receive email notifications of other HVP operations as they occur around Bright, Porepunkah and Wandiligong, please register here.
- Contact our office: For further information, to provide feedback, or to become a stakeholder, please contact our Myrtleford office: phone (03) 5731 2000; or email HVP via our contact page.
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations