Safety Commitment to Zero Harm
HVP believe that:
- No business objective will take priority over health and safety
- All incidents are preventable
- Whilst management have ultimate accountability, we all have responsibility for health and safety
- All personnel have the responsibility to stop any job they believe is unsafe or cannot be continued in a safe manner.
HVP is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, contractor employees and the public in conducting all of our activities. HVP is moving toward our policy of zero harm.
We encourage a co-operative culture of safety among our employees and contractors. The company involves employees in its health and safety program; provides appropriate equipment, training and supervision; takes all practicable steps to eliminate or minimise work hazards; gives priority to health and safety factors in new processes and designs; and has well developed emergency procedures.
HVP recognises that health and safety is a key component in the management of all its business activities and this policy demonstrates our intent to all stakeholders.
HVP is commited to:
- Complying with all legislative requirements.
- Providing a safe work environment, safe equipment and proper materials.
- Consulting with and encouraging the active involvement of employees in health and safety programs.
- Establishing and implementing the use of safe working practices by all employees and contractors.
- Providing adequate employee training and supervision to allow work to be safely and effectively carried out.
- Taking all reasonably practicable steps to identify, eliminate, isolate or minimise work hazards.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate emergency procedures.
- Giving priority to health and safety factors in newprocesses and designs.
- Fully supporting the timely rehabilitation of injured staff.
- Taking all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that no action or inaction by any of HVPs employees or contractors while at work harms any other person.
Remember ‘SAFETY IS EVERYONES RESPONSIBILITY’
Compliance with HVP’s health and safety policy is a mandatory condition of employment or contract engagement
Chief Executive Officer
©2014 Hancock Victorian Plantations